Connect with us

Chelsea

Sarri Debunks Barcelona Transfer Rumours For Winger

Published

on

Sarri Debunks Barcelona Transfer Rumours For Winger

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has dismissed transfer rumours linking Brazilian winger Willian with a move to Spanish La Liga leaders Barcelona.

Sarri addressed the Willian to Barcelona transfer rumours during his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon ahead of the West Londoners’ Premier League home clash with Newcastle United on Saturday evening.

Chelsea and Sarri would be hoping to consolidate their place in the Premier League top four with a win over the Magpies in the Matchweek 22 clash.

Italian tactician Sarri said that Brazilian international star Willian is an important player for his team while he was addressing those transfer reports.

He went on to say that the player has to improve his recent form for Chelsea.

Barcelona have been trying to sign Willian dating back to the summer when they failed to get their main transfer target despite the fact that they made three separate bids for him.

Earlier this week, transfer reports claim that the Catalans have made a player-plus-cash deal worth £50m for Willian only for the Blues to reject the said offer.

Barcelona were willing to let flop Malcom leave for Chelsea in their bid to sign Willian but the Premier League giants were adamant that the player is not for sale.

Chelsea

Transfer News: Chelsea dismiss two £35m offers for Frank Lampard top choice

Published

on

Transfer News: Chelsea dismiss two £35m offers for Frank Lampard top choice

Chelsea have rejected two £35million offers from Barcelona and Atletico Madrid for winger Willian.

With Chelsea starting a FIFA-forced two-window transfer ban this summer, the club are naturally hesitant to sell any player except if they totally need to.

Willian has only a year left on his contract at Stamford Bridge and, at 30, his worth is probably going to fall in the coming years.

Be that as it may, Chelsea’s plausible failure to adequately replace him with another signing has seen them turn down two offers of £35m from La Liga.

Sky Sports state both Barca and Atleti have held up offers for a player potential approaching Chelsea boss Frank Lampard said “could without much of a stretch play in any team on the world” in March 2018.

Willian joined Chelsea from Anzhi Makhachkala only one year before Lampard left the club, however it is thought the 40-year-old would not have any desire to lose him if, true to form, he is named Blues boss.

Barca have a long-standing interest for Willian, offering £50m for him in January and making three offers alone the previous summer.

Frank Lampard will be a good coach if Chelsea succeeds in signing him ahead of next season.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Transfer News: Barcelona Playmaker Wants €100M Chelsea Move

Published

on

Transfer News: Barcelona Playmaker Wants €100M Chelsea Move

Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho has settled on a choice on his preferred destination if he leaves the club this summer, as indicated by reports.

Coutinho hasn’t exactly been a similar player since moving to Barcelona from Liverpool in January 2018, just scored five goals and two assists in La Liga last season.

The attacking midfielder has been seriously connected with a move away after terrible season at Barcelona.

The two destinations referenced for Coutinho are French giants PSG and a return to the Premier League with Chelsea – and as indicated by The Daily Star, the Brazilian would prefer to join Chelsea.

Coutinho is viewed as a perfect replacement for Eden Hazard, who has already joined Real Madrid after seven seasons at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea are urgently trying to find a way freeze the transfer ban forced on them by FIFA, with the goal that they can fill the void left by Hazard’s exit.

In spite of his disappointing season, Barcelona allegedly still value Coutinho – who has also been connected with Manchester United – at around €100m.

If Chelsea see their transfer ban overturned, they would almost certainly be able to afford the fee, because of the sum they got for Hazard.

In any case, the Star’s report warns that as long as owner Roman Abramovich’s future is doubt, Chelsea might be unwilling to pay huge amount for big players.

Continue Reading

Chelsea

Transfer News: Chelsea Transfer Ban Could See Arsenal Miss Out On Getafe Star

Published

on

Transfer News: Chelsea Transfer Ban Could See Arsenal Miss Out On Getafe Star

Arsenal are apparently facing losing out on a transfer swoop for Getafe defender Djene Dakonam as Everton might be in a better position to meet his £30million asking price.

This is as per the Daily Mirror, who include that Everton’s interest looks set to be persuaded by the way that they’re hoping to see loanee Kurt Zouma come back to parent club Chelsea due to their transfer ban this summer.

It might be that Arsenal would have not been able to complete a deal for Dakonam this summer due to their limited funds, however they could sell current players to support their transfer kitty.

Either that, or the Gunners may have had the option to land the exciting Togo international in another transfer window, however the Mirror claims Everton will step up their interest to replace Zouma.

Chelsea are doing something to hurt their rivals Arsenal here, regardless of whether they’re not ready to be active in the transfer market this season because of transfer ban.

Zouma has shone on loan at Everton and would need replacing, while he could be a strong choice for the Blues in the event that they do end up not able to sign new centre-back ahead of next season.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 SportsHills, powered by WordPress.